Man burned advises against sleeping near charging iPhone – Local 10


Robber swipes jewelry from Sam's Club in Sunrise

Crime

Man accused of beating ex-girlfriend in van in front of 2 children

Crime

Nervous thief drops stolen goods at Weston Publix, deputies say

Crime

FWC

About 100 dead ball pythons found in Jupiter woman's home

News

4 minors in custody after burglarizing vehicles in Plantation, police say

Crime

Miami duplex fire sends 4 to hospital

News

Man killed in hit-and-run crash in northwest Miami-Dade, police say

News

Nail technician attacked, bitten by customer in Pompano Beach

Crime

University of Miami student, 21, found dead in apartment, police say

Crime

Worker falls from scaffolding in Miami Beach

News

Giant alligator found tied to tree in Kendall neighborhood

News

Facebook

Husband sentenced to prison for fatal DUI crash while having sex with wife

Crime
Headline Goes Here

COURTESY OF ABC AFFILIATE WAAYTV

MIAMI – Wiley Day was treated for second and third-degree burns on his neck and hands, after he said he was nearly electrocuted. He blames it on his decision to sleep with his iPhone, as it was charging on his bed.

Day said the silver dog tag he was wearing around his neck became a conductor of electricity when it slipped between the charger and his extension cord.

The electric shock was so strong, he said, it jolted him to the floor of his home in Huntsville, Alabama. He felt pressure around his neck and then he said his body was numb.

"I just thought that's how you die," Day said.

Day said he later learned he was able to break the chain from his neck. He said he was sharing his story, because he wants people to avoid the dangerous habit of sleeping with their phone, while it is connected to the charger.

"He is lucky to be alive," Dr. Benjamin Fail said. "Electrocution kills."

Local 10 News' partners ABC News and CNN contributed to this story.

Copyright 2017 by WPLG Local10.com – All rights reserved.

'); } else { $("#outbrain-placeholder").replaceWith( '' + '' ); }Original Article

Previous A man fell asleep with his iPhone charging in bed. It nearly electrocuted him. - Washington Post
Next HACKED: The New York Post's iPhone App goes rouge - Albany Times Union (blog)

No Comment

Leave a reply