Apple could be switching things up, if a couple of purported iPhone dummy models are to be believed. 9to5Mac received a couple images from leak specialist Sonny Dickson that depict next iteration of iPhones with a glass backing, which could mean that the models could have inductive charging as a feature.
Apple is expected to announce three new iPhone models next month: the iPhone 8, which will be a major overhaul for the phone — and which might not arrive until 2018, as well as a refresh to the iPhone 7 models.
Wireless charging is already expected for the overhauled iPhone 8, and if accurate, it seems as though Apple could be bringing that feature to consumers a bit early: earlier this summer, a couple of Foxxconn employees claimed that the 7S model would have an aluminum unibody instead of a glass chassis and that they wouldn’t have wireless charging.
Next Up In Tech
- Amazon has relisted Blu phones after a ‘false alarm’ over security concerns
- 4K Apple TV with HDR spotted in HomePod firmware
- Neural networks are the best way to come up with the name of your next favorite craft beer
- A Google employee wrote an anti-diversity ‘manifesto’ that’s going viral inside the company
- Microsoft reveals Spotify for Xbox One app
- Bose accidentally reveals unreleased headphones in email newsletter
Command Line delivers daily updates from the near-future.
This Article has a component height of 3. The sidebar size is short.Original Article